- Evening pub and walking tour in Oxford with professional local guide
- Visit two or three historical pubs and absorb the sociable atmosphere
- Explore the twilit streets and pass famous colleges
- Hear tales of student pranks, pub trivia, urban legends, and Oxford’s history
- Discover pubs favored by alumni like Bill Clinton and fictional figures such as Inspector Morse
- Enjoy some top city sights and Oxford's pubs when the day's crowds have gone
- Small group tour with average of two to six people
Departure & Return
Meet your guide wearing red lanyard OUTSIDE the currently empty shop premises at 15 Broad street. This is located next to the Oxfam shop, 17 Broad street, OX1 3AS
Tour ends at wherever is the final pub we go to in city centre of Oxford.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Important: Minimum age is 18 years and, if you look like you are aged under 30, you must carry valid photo ID to prove you are aged over 18. This must be a photo driving license, a passport, a proof of age drinking UK ID card, or a military ID card. The date of birth must be visible in English. Without this proof of age, pubs can oblige you to leave their premises
- Please note: although we have public liability insurance, any damage to property or accidents to persons, as result of your being intoxicated, are not covered by any PLI. This tour encourages sensible drinking. It is not just a pub crawl; while it visits an average of three pubs in three hours or more, it also introduces Oxford city and university sightseeing spots
- Entrance to colleges is NOT generally included on this tour, as the colleges close at 5pm. However, you will see many of the historic colleges and city sights during the tour
- PLEASE ARRIVE ON TIME:
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Oxford PRIVATE Pub and City Evening Walking Tour.