Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day trip to Yosemite National Park from San Francisco
- Drive through gold rush towns to the scenic Sierra Nevada
- Discover the Tuolumne Grove on a hike
- Stop at Tunnel View for a photo op of the Valley and Half Dome
- Choose from a range of activities at Yosemite, including walking or exploring the Valley Visitor Center
- Hear commentary from a guide about Yosemite's natural landmarks such as El Capitan
- Pickup and drop-off from select San Francisco hotels
Departure & Return
Please check your email confirmation from Extranomical Tours or contact the provider to confirm your pick-up details
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 1 hour before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
When you arrive at the park, stretch your legs at Tuolumne Grove with a hike among some of the oldest and largest trees in the world (weather permitting). Crane your neck to see the top of the giant sequoia trees, including a tunneled-out tree large enough to drive a car through.
Continue on to Tunnel View for an unbeatable view of Yosemite’s photogenic valley framed by the giant granite formations of Half Dome and El Capitan. Look for expert rock climbers trying to scale the world-class cliffs and, in springtime, watch the thundering cascade of Yosemite Falls.
Enjoy some free time to explore the park on your own. Rent a bike and cruise along the flat paths of Yosemite Valley (not included), hike to a nearby waterfall or visit the Ansel Adams Gallery to see some of the most famous images of the park ever captured on film. Lunch options include a picnic on the Merced River or a casual meal at the Yosemite Lodge (own expense). Reconnect with your guide at the appointed time, and relax on the scenic drive back to San Francisco.
Please note: The weather in Yosemite is highly variable and includes rain and snow in winter and high temperatures in summer. The itinerary may be adapted to make the most of Yosemite during different seasons and times of the year. The giant sequoias are best visited between May and October. During the rest of the year, snow and ice conditions may prevent access to roads and trails, and other activities may be substituted.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Access to the Sequoia Grove can be difficult during winter months, generally October through April, and other activities may be substituted at the discretion of the guide
- During winter months, temperatures in Yosemite can vary drastically to the ones in San Francisco. Therefore, it is recommend to wear winter clothes, especially shoes or boots with rubber soles and treads
- California law requires tour guests to bring a car safety seat for all children under 8 years and under 4' 9" (1.4 meters) in height. Any guest that does not provide their child's safety seat at the time of the tour and does not inform the tour operator may not be allowed to board the tour and will not be subject to refund.
- As tour sizes vary, transportation is in a 15-passenger van or a 41-passenger tour bus
- Tour makes stops at approximately 8:30am for breakfast, 1pm for lunch and on the trip back for dinner. Meals are not included
- Audio guides are available in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese. Specify language at time of booking under special requirements.
- For hotel pickups, please select the Hilton Union Square if your hotel is not listed
- The Giant Sequoias Grove is located at a higher elevation and the hike is dependent on trail conditions, especially from October through May. Ice and snow might make the trail unsafe to hike. The decision of whether it is safe to go on the hike will be made on a day by day basis. Therefore, a visit cannot be guaranteed. However, while the trail might be closed, guests get to spend more time in Yosemite Valley. There you can see all the other great sights Yosemite has to offer, including El Capitan, Inspiration Point, Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and more.
- Exact destinations & itinerary may differ due to weather, road conditions, and your guide's discretion.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 41 travelers
- OPERATED BY Extranomical Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "You are required to call and then also email tour operator to confirm your pickup location." See review
- "The weather is the catch so choose your dates wisely, If you want to see the sequoia stand then go later than mid spring for a better chance." See review
- "It takes around 3 to 3.5 hr one way, so it is a full day trip." See review