- Half-day reindeer sledding and Sami culture experience from Tromso
- Feed a herd of reindeer and enjoy a sleigh ride
- Revitalize with classic Sami dishes and warm coffee in a lavuu
- Listen to cultural Sami stories and witness the performance of a 'joik' (Sami song)
- Round-trip transfers from central Tromso included
Departure & Return
Please meet at the reception area of the Radisson Blu Hotel. You will see our guides there waiting for you in blue jackets with our Tromsø Arctic Reindeer logo on.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
After getting acquainted with the gentle creatures, board a sleigh for an exciting ride: as reindeer pull your sleigh over the snow, admire the frozen landscapes and snow-dusted flora of the region.
Next, make yourself comfortable in a lavuu; warm up with steaming coffee and listen to stories derived from ancient Sami culture. In the comfort of the tent, enjoy a fulfilling lunch of bidos (flavorsome Sami soup) and sweet cake as you witness the performance of a joik (Sami folk song).
When your tour concludes, return to central Tromso in a climate-controlled coach.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to bring or wear: Warm clothes (at least two layers), gloves, hat, and good winter boots
- Vegetarian option available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 70 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tromso Arctic Reindeer
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms