Explore our promoted experiences
- Discover the many charms of Vientiane during this city sightseeing tour
- Explore the city's ancient Buddhist monasteries and stupas
- Check out the famous Anousavali 'Victory Gate,' modeled after the French 'Arc de Triomphe'
- Wander through an incredible assortment of Buddhist sculptures at the Buddha Park
- Enjoy an included traditional lunch as well as round-trip hotel transport
- Shop for souvenirs at the sprawling Talat Sao market (time permitting)
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
more than 6,800 Buddha images and statues that decorate the monastery’s interior as you learn about its well-preserved interior and main hall.
Next, travel to Ho Phra Keo, a one-time royal temple that today houses a Buddhist museum of art and sculpture. The complex is known for its extensive collection of Buddha sculptures, as well as for being the original home of the famous Emerald Buddha that now resides in Bangkok.
Proceed on to the next stop at That Luang, one of the most revered shrines in all of Laos. Get a sense for this 147-foot-tall (45-meter), gold-covered stupa and its unique banana-flower shape. During your stop you’ll also learn about the shrine’s history, including its role as a home for a relic from the Lord Buddha.
Continue to Anousavali, also known as the Victory Gate or Patouxai, a dramatic arch that bears a striking resemblance to the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. This monument, first constructed in 1958, includes a number of eye-catching designs like the ‘Kinnaree’ (bird woman) that pay tribute to Lao culture. If you’re feeling ambitious, scale the steps to the top of the arch for views of the city below (entrance fee not included).
Take a break midday for lunch at a traditional restaurant before continuing to Vientiane’s well-known Buddha Park, first built by a local monk in the 1950s. Wander among the park’s collection of mythological statues, each connected to the themes of Buddhism. If you happen to visit on a weekend, you’ll also observe the numerous locals that flock to this unique green space to relax and socialize.
Make your way back toward your hotel, stopping at the Talat Sao market if time permits. This local bazaar offers a startling array of goods ranging from food to jewelry to clothing and handicrafts. You’ll be dropped off at your hotel around 5pm.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Pakse. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Ngam Num Lake, Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge, and Vientiane International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- Customers are reminded to submit their passport number and expiration date with their reservation. These are essential requirements as outlined by local immigration regulations
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Guests are advised that some walking is required during this excursion; we always ensure that we take the most comfortable ways from the entrance of the sight to the sight itself.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Asian Trails LTD
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "There are a lot to do in the Vientiane so the length of the tour is about right." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews