9 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Gain insight into World War I history and visit famous battle sites around the Somme on this full-day Canadian WWI battlefield tour from Ypres. Delve into tunnels used by British and Canadian soldiers before the Battle of Vimy with your guide. Gaze over the battle-torn landscape, where mine and shell craters dot the terrain. Visit Memorial de Vimy, and the Courcelette Canadian Memorial, and honor the fallen soldiers. Afterward, visit Thiepval Memorial to the Missing then finish at the Beaumont Hamel New Foundland Memorial Park.
- See many historic Canadian WWI battlefield sites in a day
- No need to bring snacks—lunch is included
- Enjoy the convenience of having round-trip transfers included
- See Lochnagar Crater, which was caused by an underground explosion in 1916
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum two adults per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Ploegsteert Sector Battlefield Experience
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Full Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Ypres?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Full Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Ypres?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Full Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Ypres?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Full Day Canadian WW1 Vimy and Somme Battlefield Tour from Ypres?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingYpresBus Tours - FlandersHistorical Tours - FlandersFull-day Tours - FlandersCategory